Motive Unknown is a strategic marketing agency based in the UK working with artists & managers, record labels, music creation platforms, music hardware and other music-adjacent companies.
Our Growth Marketing work covers music-focused businesses like Beatport, Boiler Room, Sonos, Loopmasters, Plugin Boutique, UJAM, Rhodes Pianos and more.
In the last 12 months we've nearly doubled in size and so we're now looking for a Growth Marketing Assistant to join the team working with these top tier music companies day to day.
The main function of this role will be to support the Growth Marketing team across all activities they undertake, helping these clients to continue to grow their businesses.
This is an entry level role. If you can bring an open mind, analytical approach and a passion for marketing, music and technology to the table, we can train you up and help you progress. Most of our current staff started off at this level, before progressing to lead global campaigns for some of the biggest names in music.
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to challenge you and offer you an opportunity to try new things and to have variety in your role. We believe in developing people and you will get the opportunity to grow both on the job and through more formal routes.
Key responsibilities include
- Having an active voice in internal strategy discussions.
- Staying across creative advertising best practice and contributing to creative ideas for client advertising assets and copy.
- Booking ads for the Growth Marketing team on Facebook, Google, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Reddit and TikTok (and elsewhere as applicable in due course).
- Monitoring ad campaign performance and updating the team.
- Preparing and delivering ad reporting to the Growth Marketing team and identifying areas for improvement.
- Building and maintaining audiences across ad platforms.
Essential skills & qualities required
- Intelligent, diligent individual with an eye for detail.
- Good IT and digital skills.
- Some experience of analysing data - even if just from Google Analytics etc.
- Conversant with spreadsheets to a basic level.
- An active curiosity for new technology, music and popular culture.
- Awareness and preferably some experience of ad booking on Facebook and/or Google.
- Passionate about developments in technology and the digital media landscape.
- We are currently a UK based remote business, and as such welcome applications from anywhere in the UK. Where experience warrants it, we would consider applications from the GMT+1 timezone.
- As a business we believe firmly in proactive development of our staff.
- We are committed to a positive, happy and healthy working culture.
- 22 days holiday per annum, plus 3 compulsory days off over Christmas (we close from Xmas Eve to first working day in January).
- Pension via Aviva.
Please send us a cover letter, and your CV via this form.